Sometimes as a food blogger and in order to get posts done, we have to make sacrifices around, like eating dessert for breakfast.
Your heart bleeds for us, I’m sure.
Well, breakfast is exactly what this two ingredient white chocolate mousse was yesterday morning (and maybe this morning too). We had Red Velvet Cream Pie too!
That’s almost like eating pancakes, right?
I love an easy dessert that takes minimal ingredients and minimal time. This White Chocolate Mousse is exactly that. Easy! It’s the perfect thing to whip up on short notice for guests. You can serve it in Belgian Chocolate Cups with berries like I did or you can eat it straight from the bowl, I might have done that too.
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream
If you want to make the cups, I’ve only seen them at Wal*Mart. I usually make sure my trips to “hell on earth” are worth it by finding something neat I can’t get anywhere else. Just pipe the mousse into the cup and top with berries or even caramel sauce. These White Chocolate Mousse Cups make the perfect bite sized desserts!
- Melt white chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one.
- Warm 1/2 cup of whipping cream in a small pot on the stove, as soon as it starts to bubble, remove from heat and stir into the white chocolate. For a little while, the cream may just sit on top of the chocolate, just keep stirring and it will eventually combine and become nice and smooth and creamy.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Whip remaining cup of cream until stiff peaks form. You can make your whipped cream anyway you like, I usually add some sugar and vanilla, but you don’t have to.
- Fold whipped cream into white chocolate mix and chill for at least a couple of hours. The longer it chills the firmer it’s going to be. You’ll want to chill for at least an hour before piping, otherwise it may not hold it’s form.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Now, granted this isn’t the mousse you’d be served in a five star restaurant, but it’s pretty damn good for only two ingredients and a short amount of time. The best part is that it doesn’t take a crazy skill set to make, anyone can do it and everyone will enjoy it! This mouse can be used for so many things, crepe filling, trifles, tart filling, you name it! You can also make chocolate mousse by substituting a rich dark chocolate for the white chocolate. Or hell, just make both, no one is going to complain!
This would be perfect for Valentine’s Day or an Oscar Party!
You might also like:
Linked up at The Weekend Potluck