This Shirley Temple Float is a great summer twist on the classic cherry and soda beverage!
Shirley Temples are my absolute favorite drink, I could live off the things I love them so much! They’re such a classic drink that’s perfect for any age. Spring has finally come to Maine, it’s in the 60’s today and might reach 73 on Monday! It’s kind of insane to think we were battling snowstorms and freezing cold weather only a couple of weeks ago.
So with this warm weather, I’ve been doing a lot of summer dreaming. I can’t wait for trips to the coast and outdoor concerts, festivals and swimming, hiking and Barbecuing! So I decided to give my favorite drink a little summer twist… Ice Cream! A Shirley Temple Float seemed like the perfect way to welcome this warm weather and sunshine!
- 8-12 oz. Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 oz. Grenadine, or 2 if you like it sweet like I do!
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
- Pour ⅔ of the soda into a glass and stir in grenadine.
- Add vanilla ice cream, once it's done foaming, add more soda to fill.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Updated: August 13, 2015