This post contains affiliates links, I earn a small commission that helps support this site if you order something through them.
Ever dreamed of having a girls getaway in Napa Valley? It’s time to start planning it and here’s what to pack!
Next week I’m heading to Napa with some of my favorite girls to take in the best the area has to offer. From Hot Air Balloon rides with Napa Valley Aloft, to soaking in the geothermal mineral pools at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, to lunch and castle exploring via the Napa Valley Wine Train. But here’s the thing, this Maine girl who has never been to California, and had no idea what to pack, so I started doing some research and asking friends who live there and put together a packing list so I don’t show up underdressed and underprepared!
First things first, I decided it was time to trade in my beloved Osprey Backpack from something a little more refined, like this Keystone State Weekend Bag from ModCloth! I’m seriously in LOVE with this bag, the colors are beautiful and it’s sturdy and well made, I see this thing going a lot of places with me in the coming years! But now that I have my bag, what do I fill it with? I’ll be in Napa January 28th through February 1st and temperatures can range anywhere between 40 and 65 degrees, which sounds pretty heavenly to the girl who’s been living in 10-degree weather for the last week. It also sounds like it could be rainy, so my best bet is LAYERS! I’ll be gone almost 6 days, so here’s what I’m packing:
Tops: Tops are one of the hardest things to decide on, jeans are jeans, but tops can vary so much depending on social setting and weather. So right now, I’m planning on bringing a few different options that allow for lots of layers or just one!
- 4 camisoles
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 button down denim shirts, this one and similar.
- 1 blouse, this one.
- 2 sweaters, this one.
Jeans: I’ve read that jeans are perfectly acceptable at most places in the valley and if you’re going to nice restaurant, wear dark jeans with a nice top.
- 1 pair black skinny jeans, seen here.
- 1 pair purple skinny jeans
- 1 pair blue skinny jeans
Dress up: While the feel around Napa appears to be pretty casual, you’re bound to go to brunch or dinner at one fancy restaurant which means it’s the perfect excuse to get a little dolled up and go drink mimosas with the girls!
- 1 skirt, I’m bringing this one for brunch at Auberge de Soleil
- 1 dress, this one and praying it’s warm enough to wear it!
Swimsuit: Gotta take advantage of Silverado Resort’s gorgeous pool!
- 1 swimsuit, I’m bringing this one.
Shoes: Chances are you’ll be doing a lot of walking in Napa, whether it’s in the beautiful vineyards or Oxbow Public Market. This means you can pretty much leave the heels at home, plan on bringing comfortable flats or boots. You’ll also want a pair of flip flops for going to a from the pools!
- 1 pair flats
- 1 pair flip flops
- 1 pair charcoal Bianca Sanuk’s (The most comfortable shoes in the world!)
- 1 pair brown booties, these ones, and yeah, I know, heels. Shhhh!
- 1 pair black booties, similar.
Outwear: Remember, we’re layering up here and having a light jacket will definitely come in handy!
- 1 light jacket
Accessories: Be prepared for cold, rain, and sunshine!
- Sunglasses, praying for sun.
- Umbrella, preparing for rain.
- Small Purse, I recommend a messenger style bag over a wristlet so you’re hands-free to take pictures and sample wine.
- Sun Hat
- Curling Iron or Straightener, most hotels and resorts will have a hair dryer, but double check!
- Scarves, I’m bringing to light, infinity ones.
- Camera, duh!
- Extra canvas tote for bringing goodies home! I bought this one.
- A good book, this weekend is about relaxing after all!
- And socks and underwear, but I figure that’s a given.
I want to be smart about what I’m packing, luckily our resorts have on-site laundry, so I can rewear a couple pieces on my travel days and keep my bag light(er). I’ll be updating this post with pictures of my outfits when I get back! But in the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram while I eat my way through Napa at places like Meadowood, Gott’s Roadside Grille, Heritage Eats, Long Meadow Ranch, and wherever we find good ice cream! And hopefully, by the time I get back, you’ll want to be booking a fun girls getaway to Napa too!
Also, as soon as clothes started going in that bag, someone got a little mopey. 🙁
Check out how my friends are preparing for the trip too!