- 2 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (dry)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz. Jar Chocolate Strawberry Jam
- Melting/Dipping Chocolate
- Thaw pastry sheets and slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- Wraps strips around the forms making sure to overlap while wrapping.
- Place forms and dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Pull dough from freezer and brush with eggwash, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake dough on forms for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer parchment paper with horns to a cooling rack.
- Allow horns to cool completely on the form, then gently remove them by gripping the dough and sliding it off the form.
- Whip heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and confectioner’s sugar and beat for about a minute.
- Using a butter knife, spread jam along the inside bottom of the pastry.
- Fill your frosting bag/decorator with the cream filling, I have this Dessert Decorator by Wilton and it’s great.
- Pump/squeeze cream filling into the horn, you’ll have to fill from both sides.
- Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Once chocolate has fully melted, drizzle over the pastries.