This is the creamiest dreamiest chocolate truffle tart that you will ever eat. Dark smooth chocolate, in a crispy flaky crust, topped with hazelnuts, pistachios and rose petals… and a little gold makes this the perfect indulgent treat for any occasion.
When I say that this tart is the dreamiest chocolate truffle tart, it’s the truth. But… the most amazing quality about this tart is how simple this recipe is to make. And it’s a totally no bake affair. I’m a huge fan of the chocolate no bake affair as you can see by these no bake chocolate caramel cups! How’s that for speedy and foolproof.
Everyone you serve this tart to will think that you’ve spent years studying in a French pastry school. I did. So you don’t need to because I’ll tell you everything I know! Because let’s face it you don’t want to go to pastry school, you just want a killer chocolate tart. And this chocolate truffle tart is the only logical conclusion for your chocolate fix.
Chocolate Truffle Tart
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
There aren’t many tricks to this tart except that you need to use THE BEST quality chocolate that you can possibly find. It is obviously the star of the show. This tart is also only 4 simple ingredients.
Chocolate. Butter. Cream. Corn syrup. Aaaaaannnd we’re done. Yep. That’s it! Oh. and a pastry tart shell. But you can buy one of them if you don’t have time to make one. I won’t tell if you don’t tell.
Seriously… can our dessert situation get any better?
No. Our dessert situation is perfect with this chocolate truffle tart.
This chocolate truffle tart is:
- super chocolatey
- and comes together in 10 minutes.
The directions for this chocolate truffle tart are simple… but you have to follow them in order. This recipe is less about being creative and more about a nod to the classics of chocolate and cream doing their magic.
- First, heat the cream to barely a boil.
- Then add the chocolate and corn syrup (off the heat) and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the butter
- Pour into the tart shell and cool in the fridge until set. About 6 hours.
I repeat… this chocolate tart is super simple… but it’s important to use the best quality chocolate and follow the directions exactly.
Pastry perfection will be yours!
PS. I serve this with vanilla yogurt instead of whipped cream because I love the tang of Greek yogurt and the way it cuts through and compliments the richness of the tart. If you prefer cream then, by all means, do what you love. But give the yogurt a try. You might be converted!
Chocolate Truffle Tart
- Prepare crust according to recipe linked above.
Chocolate Truffle Filling
- Measure the cream into a medium pan. Bring to barely boiling.
- remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and corn syrup.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter a bit at a time until incorporated.
- Pour into your prepared tart shell.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Scatter with chopped hazelnuts, dried rose petals, and flakes of edible gold.