This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveDoveFruits
When I was younger, I tended to gravitate more towards the fruitier candy and desserts, chocolate just wasn’t for me. But I always loved brownies, there’s just something about a good fudge brownie that can always put a smile on my face. Since high school though, not a day goes by that I don’t need that chocolate fix. A smooth, sweet treat that just melts in your mouth. I still love my fruity desserts, but since Matt doesn’t believe in them, I don’t make them very often. I know a lot of people associate cranberries with fall and winter, but that doesn’t mean they can’t liven up your summer celebrations too!
I’ve been looking for an excuse to make this Cranberry Vanilla Creme, similar to the Raspberry Vanilla Creme on these cupcakes. I had heard that Dove® was going to be releasing a new line of Dove® Fruit products and that there would be a limited availability of them at Sam’s Club. They’re made from real cranberries dipped in dark chocolate making them a snack option that’s better for you, but I knew they would also make a wonderful addition to desserts. So when I spotted Dove® Fruit – Whole Cranberry at Sam’s Club, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to make that frosting and a great way to amplify one of my dark chocolate recipes!
I decided to change up my Dark Chocolate & Kahlua Fudge Brownies recipe up a bit because I loved the rich dark chocolate in them and I knew the Dove® Fruit Cranberries would tie the frosting and the brownies together perfectly! The Dove® Fruit balanced out the sweetness and enhanced the cranberry in the frosting and the dark chocolates melded so well it was like they were made for each other!
[Tweet “Dark Chocolate Cranberry Brownies made with Dove® Fruit! Get the recipe! #shop #LoveDoveFruits”]
These were a huge hit at our family get together yesterday, everyone was amazed that I had paired cranberries and chocolate together. Seems to me like raspberries and strawberries are getting some serious competition don’t you think? If you get a chance to try these Dove® Fruit Cranberries or these brownies, I think you’ll know exactly what I mean. Enhance your brownies with a glass of wine – why didn’t I just put wine in the brownies? Of course, I think of it now… – anyways, chocolate, fruit and wine we all meant for each other. These would be perfect for a girls night, book club, or even for a friend who needs a little pick me up!
Dove® Fruit will be releasing their Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries this fall and I can’t wait to whip up something delicious with those, or maybe I’ll just keep them as an afternoon snack to get me through at the office. But in the meantime, I’ll leave you to dream about these delicious Dark Chocolate Cranberry Brownies!
Dark Chocolate Cranberry BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/3 cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 - 1.2 oz package Freeze Dried Cranberries
- Dove Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, once melted, add sugar and stir continuously for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder and salt, let cool for 5 minutes.
- While wet ingredients are sitting; combine flour, baking power, and the chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Once the 5 minutes have passed, add vanilla, eggs and wisk until well blended.
- Wisk in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Grease or line a 9x13 in baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly, bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool completely, this is why I like to use parchment paper, because I can simply pick up the edges and move it to a cooling rack to cool faster.
- Frost just before serving for best results!
- Add freeze dried cranberries to a food processor and pulse into a fine dust.
- Combine heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and pudding mix in a bowl or stand mixer and beat on low/medium speed until cream starts to stiffen.
- Just as you see the cream start to stiffen, slowly add in the cranberry dust and mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread out on cooled brownies and top with Dove Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries.