There’s just something about a warm cookie right out of the oven. It’s comforting, nostalgic, and most importantly… delicious! The only thing better than a warm cookie, is a giant one that’s been baked in a skillet and topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Now that’s better, wouldn’t you agree?
My mother-in-law bought me this cookie skillet for Christmas and I was excited to use it! I knew it would allow me to make the perfect dessert for two, a Lover’s Skillet Cookie, and what better time to try it out than for the 15 Days of Love!
The skillet allows the edges of the cookie to brown up while leaving a gooey chocolaty center, add ice cream and well, then it’s just heaven!
Makes 1 – 6 inch skillet cookie, plus dough for those late night cravings!
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1 – 3.4 oz. Package Instant White Chocolate Pudding
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- Dash of Salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet chips
- Ice Cream
- Cream sugars and butter together until smooth.
- Add pudding, eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour a 1/2 cup at a time and beat in between additions to combine.
- Add M&M’s and chocolate chips, mix until incorporated.
- Warp dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make sure to use a seasoned skillet.
- Grease skillet and spread cooking dough out in it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Top with ice cream and sprinkles!
- Freeze remaining dough in an air tight container for up to three months or in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can use a deep dish skillet or a larger skillet to make a jumbo cookie, but you’ll need to increase your cook time a little. just keep an eye on it and pull it out when edges start to brown!
We really enjoyed splitting this cookie, there’s just something fun about sharing dessert. And just look at this photo! You know you want some and your Valentine will too!
Sorry there wasn’t a day 10, these last couple of weeks have been a little crazy and we decided to take the night and get in a little R&R.