Matt’s favorite dessert is Chocolate Cream Pie, it’s at every Hubbell Holiday, and I’m pretty sure he’d eat the whole thing himself if he didn’t have a couple of brothers to help him. In all the years we’ve been together, I’ve never made him one myself, so it was about time I did. I thought it would be perfect for the 15 Days of Love and of course I had to add a little Valentine’s touch but making it a Red Velvet Cream Pie! Oh and did I mention that this recipe is made for two, or just one if your like me and give your other half both pies.
Matt is completely in love with my graham cracker crusts, he tells me their the best! Don’t think he’s just saying that because he’s my husband either, he’s not afraid to tell me the truth. Just this past weekend I made a batch of cupcakes, he took a bit of one and threw them all in the trash before they were out of the pans. He’s an awesome taste tester and makes sure nothing that tastes bad leaves our kitchen. Needless to say, he’s always looking out for me.
Makes 2 Mini Pies
- 1 5.9 oz Box of Cook and Serve Chocolate Pudding
- 3 cups Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 1 package Honey Graham Crackers
- 1/3 cup Valentine’s Sprinkles
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put graham crackers in a blender and blend until fine.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in sprinkles and sugar.
- Make a crater in the center of the crust mix and pour melted butter into it, mix together until all of the crust mixture is soft and coated in butter.
- Evenly split the crust mixture between two mini springform pans.
- Using your fingers, gently shape the crust inside of the pan making sure to press it tight and up against the sides, I like mine to be about a 1/4 inch thick on the mini pies.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until crust starts to get a little more golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans.
- Prepare pudding according to package instructions, this is where you’ll use the milk and red food coloring.
- Once pudding is finished cooking, evenly pour into crusts.
- Chill for at least an hour or two to allow the pudding to set, it will thicken as it cools.
- Top with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream and sprinkles.
- Remove the side of the pan and enjoy!
This was another dessert that was served for breakfast, I don’t think he minded too much, but he keeps telling me I’m going to make him fat…
But whatever, he enjoyed it! Most of all he enjoyed eating the filling and then munching down on the crust after, like I said… it’s his favorite! I love that I was able to make this for two, so many times I’ll make something and there’s enough to feed an army! I’m sure that’s great for families, but when it’s just the two of us, it just doesn’t make sense.
Making him happy is one of the most important things to me. To make him smile and laugh. Food is one of the sure ways to do it!
You Might also like: