One of Matt’s favorite days during the 15 Days of Love last year was Day 1 where I gave him a little pail full of mini chocolate donuts. This year, I thought I’d do it again, but I’d make the donuts this time! Nothing says love like a donut, right?
Makes 24 Mini Donuts
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 3/4 cup Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup Bisquick Mix
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 – 2 tsp Red Food Coloring
- Dash of Salt
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Blend cake mix, bisquick, granulated sugar, milk, eggs, food coloring, and salt until smooth.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray and pipe donut batter into the pan, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let donuts cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then flip onto a cooling rack.
- Once donuts have cooled, pour confectioners’ sugar in and bowl and roll the donuts in it.
- Add sprinkles and enjoy!
Honestly, as cutesy as the saying and play on words is, I really don’t know what I’d do without him. He’s my everything; my best friend, my rock, my love, my life. Sometimes, when the roads are bad and he’s long over due to be home and not picking up his phone, that possibility hits me.
I can’t even imagine how I’d recover or how I’d move on. It’s not something I like to think about nor something we like to talk about, but we do, we have to. Our lives are so fragile and they go by so fast, it’s important to have a plan in place and to know what the other’s wishes are in case tragedy strikes. God forbid anything ever happened to him and may I never spend a day on this earth without him.
Alright, well, enough of the heavy stuff, I hope you enjoyed the donuts!
You might also like: