Matt’s not the only Valentine of mine, I’ve got a sweet fluffy pup named Shoester too!
Our four legged babies hold such a special place in our hearts and it’s important to remember them around the holidays too. Every day when we leave for work, it breaks my heart to see him watching us from the window as we drive out of the driveway. But every night when we get home, he greets us like Christmas morning. The love in a dogs heart is so pure, if we treated each other the way our dogs do, the world would be a better place.
Unconditional love. No grudges. Always Happy. Sleep 17 hours a day.
I think they’ve got it figured out.
If there’s one way to Shoe’s heart it’s through peanut butter, and what’s better than a peanut butter cup? So I figured I’d make him some dog friendly ones for Valentines!
Make 12 Cups
- 1 bag Carob Chips (usually found in the health food section)
- 12 tsp Peanut Butter
- White Icing
- Line a mini muffin pan with liners
- Melt carob chips in a medium bowl on 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Spoon about a teaspoon or two into each liner making sure to cover the bottom.
- Drop 1 tsp of peanut butter into the center of each.
- Spoon another tsp or two of carob on top of the peanut butter. I didn’t measure exactly, just tried to keep them all even.
- Use a tube up white icing to make paw prints and “xo” on them.
- Let them cool completely, store in air tight containers at room temp for up to two weeks or in the freezer if not using right away.
With only three ingredients and a prep time of 15 minutes, you’re going to love them just as much as your pup!
I try not to give him too much sugar, so he’ll only get one a day or every other day.
Here he is, patiently waiting for his treat!
He loved them!