I’ve been looking for ways to spruce up breakfast while still keeping it wholesome and healthy. I first saw the idea for Baked Grapefruit and few months ago and thought – that’s genius! After finally trying it, I can assure you that not only is it genius, it’s absolutely delicious! The grapefruit has even more flavor when it’s warm and the maple syrup and brown sugar add such a rich and coziness to the dish. It’s perfect for lazy weekends or even the busy ones where you just want to take a few minutes to enjoy your breakfast before the chaos sets in. This simple and delightful breakfast is so easy to make and if you hold the whip, it’s vegan too!
Maple & Brown Sugar Baked Grapefruit
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice grapefruit in half.
- Pour and spread a tablespoon of maple syrup on each half of the grapefruit.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of light brown sugar on each half of the grapefruit.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Place each half in a ramekin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream or hold it to keep the dish vegan.