This Maple & Vanilla Stuffed French Toast is sweet and indulgent with a protein rich filling!
Maple & Vanilla Stuffed French Toast
SAVE IT TO YOUR Breakfast BOARD AND FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Remember a couple weeks ago when I shared that Honey Pear and Bacon Flatbread and it had a surprising ingredient, Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear? Well I’m excited to be teaming up with my friends at Hood® once again and this time we’re talking breakfast!
I would like to think that most of us grew up on french toast. And if you didn’t, well, that kinda breaks my heart. My Nana made us so much french toast when we were kids, both for breakfast and dinner, and it was a love affair that continues today!
However, like myself, my love for french toast has grown up a bit and I now enjoy getting creative with it rather than the classic slices. We’re talking stuffed french toast, have you had it before? There are a lot of different ways to do it, but recently I’ve started making it with cottage cheese!
Hood® recently launch their NEW Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla Flavor Added and it’s the perfect stuffing for this french toast. I love making french toast with French bread because it allows you to get a nice egg wash on the outside with leaving the center soft and light and not overly saturated. The Hood® Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla Flavor Added helps bring the flavor to the center of these thick slices.
Cottage cheese is a great source of protein. Hood® Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla Flavor added has 11g of it per every 1/2 cup and the Hood® Cottage Cheese with Honey & Pear has 10g!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3/4 cup Hood® Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla Flavor Added
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Hood® Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Butter for cooking
- Slice bread into 1-inch slices and carefully slice into the middle of each slice about 3/4 of the way through.
- Spoon a tbsp of Hood® Cottage Cheese with Maple & Vanilla Flavor Added into the slit and set on a plate.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, and vanilla.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture and cook on a buttered griddle or in a pan over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and top with cinnamon sugar, butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, and fresh fruit.
Whether morning, afternoon, or evening, these new Hood® Cottage Cheese flavors offer a healthy snack, ingredient or topping that lets you indulge your sweet cravings with less guilt. The new flavors are available in dairy cases throughout the Northeast at Shaw’s, Stop & Shop, Hannaford, and Market Basket. Which one are you most excited to try?