Tiffany from Pics and Pastries is back this week and for the second week in a row my contributors are sharing cupcakes, remember Rene’s Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream… I think they’re getting to know me or at least the way to my heart! These Mochaccino Cupcakes look out of this world so grab a napkins and be sure to wipe up the drool that is sure to roll down your chin while you take the beauties in! Don’t forget to follow Tiffany on social media for more drool worthy recipes!
Mochaccino Cupcakes: Chocolate cupcakes flavored with fresh brewed coffee and mini chocolate chips and topped with swirls of coffee buttercream. This dessert is perfect for chocolate and coffee lovers.
Hello, everyone! I am thrilled to be back here at Living Better Together as a blog contributor for Rebecca! Today I’m sharing a recipe that only coffee lovers and chocolate lovers can truly appreciate. These mochaccino cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes flavored with fresh brewed coffee (that’s cooled to room temperature), coffee extract and then topped with coffee flavored buttercream. And, as if they’re not already delicious enough, I’ve added half of a Pirouette to each cupcake. I am referring to the chocolate wafer cookies, not the dance move. Dancing is the last thing I feel like doing after partaking in one of these cupcakes! 🙂
These Mochaccino Cupcakes calls for fresh coffee and coffee extract. If you are unable to locate coffee extract just use vanilla extract in its place. Since cupcakes and muffins are in the same family and coffee is best known as a morning drink…well, these babies can be served for breakfast as well as dessert! HA, Kidding. Sort of!
[Tweet “Mochaccino Cupcakes – #Coffee and #Cupcakes lovers rejoice! Get the #recipe from @picsandpastries at @fickrj5”]
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Pirouettes to garnish
- 1/3 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons coffee
- one teaspoon vanilla or coffee extract
- Allow butter to sit at room temperature until softened.
- Allow eggs to also sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a cupcake/muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Combine milk and coffee in a glass measuring cup.
- Once butter has softened, place in a mixing bowl and mix using the paddle attachment for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla and coffee extract.
- Alternately, add flour and milk to the butter mixture, ending with the milk mixture.
- Add chocolate pieces and lightly mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire racks.
- Frost with coffee flavored buttercream.
- Beat softened butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla or coffee extract and coffee.
- Continue beating until buttercream has reached spreadable consistency.
- Frosting makes about 2 cups. More frosting may be needed depending on how you frost the cupcakes.
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe. I’ve got more recipes on my blog at picsandpastries.com. I’d love for you to check them out. Here’s a few more cupcake recipes for you as well!