This One Skillet Beef & Veggie Cheesy Pasta is an easy weeknight meal that’s loaded with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
Happy Friday, friends! Is it just me or did this week both fly by and drag on at the same time? But Friday is finally here, thank goodness, and a quick and easy meal is in order, don’t ya think?
Matt and I are Kiwanians and this week is the annual carnival our club puts on in our home town. As the President and Treasurer, we’ve been pretty busy all week setting the park up with games and food vendors and rides. And let me tell ya, I AM EXHAUSTED. But I still have tonight and all day tomorrow to get through. I’d like to be able to say I have Sunday off, but I’ll be busy working on recipes and content for all you lovelies!
Anyways, going into this week, we knew we weren’t going to spend much time at home and neither of us was going to want to cook or eat dinner at 10 pm, so that meant a lot of on the go meals. So last Sunday I decided to cook a veggie loaded dinner as a sort of last meal before all the craziness set in and we were living on fair food.
Did you guys catch that? That’s right, I COOKED THIS! Not Matt, ME! That hardly ever happens, in fact I don’t think I’ve cooked anything since this One Pot Chili Mac n Cheese that you guys love so much! But I am making an effort to bring you guys more easy and tasty meals, since apparently one cannot live off cookies (I beg to differ).
This dish is loaded up with all kinds of veggies, hamburg, and pasta and then topped with cheddar cheese. A simple prep and simple cook make for a great 30 minute meal for weeknights and it reheats well too!
One Skillet Beef & Veggie Cheesy Pasta
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Medium White Onion diced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 14.5 oz. Beef Broth
- 2 cups Bow Tie Pasta
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1 Summer Squash chopped
- 2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, diced onions, and minced garlic over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Drain the meat.
- Add in broth, pasta, water, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped pepper, zucchini, and squash to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and stir until evenly combined.
- Reduce heat to low, and sprinkles with cheese and green onion.
- Cover and let cheese melt for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve.
There's about 4 cups of veggies in here, feel free to replace them with any seasonal veggies you may have on hand.