I’m so excited to be bringing you another sweet peanut butter recipe as part of Peanut Butter Bash. In case you missed them last month, I shared these perfectly chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. This month’s peanut butter pairing ingredient is PUMPKIN! I know they’re not flavors you would normally consider putting together, but it works, and it’s delicious!
Being from Maine, whoopie pies are in my blood! It’s been a while since I’ve made a batch for the blog, so I figured you were all long overdue for some. These Pumpkin Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies are so easy to make and only six ingredients. I made them for our Halloween Party a few weeks ago and everyone loved them! The cake was based off of my three-ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and the filling is my go to peanut butter buttercream that you first saw on my Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cupcakes! The cake is soft and fluffy and loaded with pumpkin flavor while the filling sweetens it up with a punch of peanut butter! So what are you wait for, go get your whoopie on!
And don’t forget to check out all of the other great Peanut Butter and Pumpkin recipes below or follow our Peanut Butter Bash Board on Pinterest!
- 1 - 15 oz. Can of Pumpkin
- 1 - Boxed Spice Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine pumpkin and spice cake mix and beat until well blended.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp scoop, scoop even portions of the cake mix onto the the parchment lined pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until top of whoopie pies spring back when touched.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool before adding filling.
- Cream Butter.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and beat until well mixed.
- Add confectioners' sugar a cup at a time until you reach the consistency you want.
- Pipe filling onto a whoopie pie and secure it with another one.