I put together this little dish for a family BBQ this weekend, it was a great Memorial day treat, but would be fabulous any time of the year as you can easily change out the fruit. The flavor was delicious, tart and sweet all at the same time. There was a lot of sauce, my guess is from all the water that baked out of the berries, but the sauce was amazing and perfect to drizzle over ice cream, or just to lick off your fingers when you finish the crisp.
Makes Approximately 8 Servings
- 2/3 Cup Sugar in the Raw
- 12 oz. Frozen Raspberries (You can use any frozen fruit you choose)
- 3 Cups Diced Rhubarb
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1/2 Cup of Flour (I used Tapioca Flour so my Mom could enjoy this delicious dish)
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (You can use regular sugar if you don’t have Coconut Sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Honey (Split)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine Raspberries, Diced Rhubarb, Corn Starch, and Sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour into mid sized Corningware dish or an 8 x 8 in baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients, only 1 tbsp. of the honey though.
- Spread topping evenly over the fruit.
- Drizzle with remaining honey and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 Minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with Whipped Cream and Ice Cream (if you choose).
Linked up at Savvy Southern Style!