Good Morning! I’m so excited to have Miss Rene from My Simple Kitchen here again on Living Better Together! These Spiced White Chocolate Bars with Pumpkin Frosting would be perfect for dessert with her Slow Cooker Whiskey Honey Pulled Pork Sandwiches from last month! Follow Rene on Social Media so you never miss a post!
I’ll let Rene take it from here!
Happy October everyone! I really cannot believe how fast this summer went. Summer is my favorite season and I am always sad to see it go. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we’ve had an AMAZING one this year. So many hot days with little rain, just the way I like it. I usually groan about the rain coming in and the dark mornings but not this year! This is the first year that I’m feeling excited for fall. I’ve already changed to fall scents in my Scentsy warmers and transitioned most of my summer wardrobe out.
In the spirit of my fall festiveness, I decided to break out the pumpkin! I love making bars for dessert because they are SO easy! For this recipe I used a boxed cake mix which made them even easier! These spiced bars pairs perfectly with the light, cream cheese pumpkin frosting.
I drizzled my bars with the frosting but the recipe makes enough to frost the whole pan.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz. boxed white cake mix
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13 baking dish, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until fully mixed
- Add cake mix and allspice and stir together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into bottom of greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together .
- Add pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon milk. If needed, slowly add remaining milk until desired consistency.
- Frost bars and enjoy!