Icebox cakes are a tradition in the Hubbell family, though not one that I have been fully on board with. Normally, my mother-in-law makes an icebox roll with Famous Chocolate Wafers and whipped cream, it’s too rich for me and I need something else to break it up. So I decided to give a go at making my own version of this family favorite and add strawberries to brighten the dish!
Makes 2 Individual Servings
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 pkg. Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 5 Strawberries
- 1 Dove Chocolate Bar
You will also need two individual sized trifle bowls.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat whipping cream, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar for about 3 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Slice strawberries.
- Spoon in first layer of whipped cream, you want to use thin, even layers for the trifle.
- Next add 2 wafers.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Add another layer of whipped cream and continuing rotating layers until you reach the top. Make sure your last layer is cream.
- Pop in the fridge for 4 hours!
- After 4 hours, remove from fridge and top with sliced strawberries, half a wafer, and chocolate curls. You make the curls by taking a vegetable peeler to the edge of the chocolate bar.
This was really delicious and the strawberries were the perfect addition to this dish! This is a super rich dessert and really easy to throw together for any occasion! The other reason I loved making this was because most recipes are for a family, and with it just being the two of us there is often a lot left over causing waste or overeating. The individual portions were perfect! There are so many possibilities with an icebox cake, so go ahead and experiment! I love that you can put a cookie or crackers between layers of whipped cream and after a few hours you have a beautiful and delicious cake-like dessert!