This Sugar Cookie Cream Tart has a sweet smooth filling wrapped in a graham cracker crust that’s perfect for the holidays.
I’ve always been a huge fan of traditional sugar cookies. Sweet and lightly crisp cookies frosted in the colors of the season, they were always a great way to get in the holiday spirit and spend time with family in the kitchen. There’s just something about that sugary vanilla flavor that can’t be beat!
So naturally I was thrilled when International Delight released their Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer. It’s amazing in coffee and hot chocolate, but then I thought, hey, let’s make something a little more creative with it. I knew that strong flavor of warm cookies could make a winning dessert.
I love Sugar Cream Pies (or Hoosier Pie), which originated with the Amish and Shaker communities in the Midwest. It’s a sweet pie made with white sugar and milk or cream with a touch of cinnamon. I’ve been wanting to make my own for years, and the International Delight creamer gave me an idea for adding my own little twist to the recipe since I’m pretty much unable to leave traditional recipes alone.
I decided to make a tart rather than a pie and I went with a graham cracker crust because I felt it would work better with the sugar cookie flavor. The filling is sweet, but so delicious and certainly brings in the festive flavors of the season. Finished off with whipped cream and sprinkles its a sweet little twist on the cookies we all know and love! When my mom ate this Sugar Cookie Cream Tart, her words were: “This tastes like Christmas, can you make it again?”. So I guess you know what will be on our dessert table on Christmas and I hope it will be on yours too!
Sugar Cookie Cream Tart
- 12 honey graham crackers
- 4-6 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a bowl and make a crater in the crumbs, pour 4 tbsp of melted butter in. Chocolate graham crackers seem to be a bit drier than honey graham crackers, if the crust doesn't seem moist enough, add the other 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Add sugar and stir until well combined.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie, tart, or springform pan.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and INCREASE HEAT TO 375 degrees F.
- While crust is baking, whisk sugar and cornstarch together in a large saucepan, stir in creamer and milk until smooth. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce heat and whisk constantly for about 2 minutes until mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and butter.
- Transfer to baked crust and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 2-30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to finish cooling until of filling is set. About 4 to 6 hours.
- Warm before serving or serve cold with whipped cream and sprinkles.
You might also enjoy: