These White Chocolate Dipped M&M’s® Crispy Rice Krispies Treats are a 90s kid’s dream. The classic rice krispies treats are topped with M&M’s® Crispy candy and dipped in white chocolate for a perfect finish!
I was born with just 11 days left in the 80s. I think my mom wanted to give me some prep time before entering the decade that brought us Lisa Frank, Boy Meets World, Tamagotchi, and of course M&M’s® Crispy.
I’m a 90s kid through and through. My Beanie Babies collection was a little out of hand. I dreamed that one day my parents would sit me down and tell me I was a “pre-teen” witch, I even named my black cat Salem Saberhagen (Saber for short) in hopes that it would come true. I always had a bazillion scrunchies on my arm and Truly Madly Deeply was the ultimate radio dedication song.
With all the amazing things the new millennium has brought us, it also left a few of our favorites behind. Mix Tapes, Sonic, and jelly shoes; you get what I’m saying and I know you miss them too. Luckily, companies are starting to listen to the demands of all these grown up 90s kids! We want some of that awesomeness back PRONTO!
Recently, dreams have started coming true. This year we’ll see the return of Jurassic Park, we’ll keep praying for that *NSYNC reunion, and we’ll be able to snack on our long lost M&M’s® Crispy candy. The M&M’s® Crispy was an essential part of life before Y2K. With a texture reminiscent of a malt ball and then that classic M&M’s® candy coating, a bag of these was a must when watching TGIF.
I was so psyched to find a bag of the M&M’s® Crispy at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and after enjoying several servings (of which is only 180 calories!) straight from the bag, I decided to mix them in with another treat from my days in the 90s. Rice Krispies Treats!
I spent almost every day after school at my Nana’s and every now and then she’d make my brother and I rice krispie treats. They were the best! But there’s a trick to getting the perfect batch, you’ve got to DOUBLE the butter!
I’ve been in a nostalgic mood lately, so the pairing was perfect for a night of cuddling up on the couch and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer! (Yes, being a vampire slaying instead of a teenage witch would have been cool too!) I decided to go one step further though and dip them in white chocolate, because extra chocolate never hurt anyone and I thought you’d all appreciate a little extra pizzazz!
These White Chocolate Dipped M&M’s Crispy Rice Krispies Treats really are THE BOMB, if you don’t agree then you can “talk to the hand”, capeesh?
What’s the one thing you miss most about the 90s?
See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipe and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub.
White Chocolate Dipped M&M's® Crispy Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 10 oz. Bag of Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's® Crispy
- 12 oz. White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add in marshmallows and stir continuously until fully melted and mixed with the butter.
- Remove from heat and fold in rice krispies.
- Dish into a 9 x 13 in baking pan.
- Wet hands and evenly press mix into the pan.
- Pour M&M’s® out on top of the pressed treats and use a paper towel to gently press them into the treats.
- Let set for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- Once cut, melt chocolate in a wide-bottom microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one until melted.
- Dip the bottom of the cut marshmallows in the chocolate and set on wax paper to set.