First Installment in the Stonewall Kitchen Series
When you grow up in Maine, Blueberries for Sal is read to you as a child, raking wild blueberries is a family tradition, and most importantly, blueberry pancakes are an essential part of any family breakfast.
You may have seen earlier in the week that I have recently partnered with Stonewall Kitchen, a Maine company, as my sponsor for the holiday season (you can read about it here). One of my favorite products is the Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup. It’s sweet, sticky, and loaded with blueberry pulp. It makes a wonderful addition to both breakfasts and desserts, and the flavor is truly incredible. Just look at it’s vibrant color, you know you want some!
Today I’ve decided to use it on a very tradition dish, Blueberry Pancakes, but made in a very non-traditional way. In a jar. Yup, you read that right. You’re going to cook your pancakes in a jar. They’ll be ready and on the table in less than five minutes. If you’re anything like me, the quicker you get breakfast in you, the better life is for everyone.
You’re going to love these pancakes. The blueberries burst during cooking to release amazing juices and flavor, and the butter and Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup soak into the fluffy pancake and elevate this traditional breakfast into something absolutely amazing!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (You can sub in milk)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup by Stonewall Kitchen
You’ll want to use 8 oz. jars.
- Wisk together flour, baking powder, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix in milk and melted butter.
- Add enough blueberries to cover the bottom of each jar, you can add more if you really love blueberries.
- Fill each jar half way with pancake batter.
- Microwave for 60-70 seconds.
- Top with butter and Stonewall Kitchen’s Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup and dig in.
You’ll love how easy these are to make and how quick you can have them on the table. They’re great to pack up for breakfast on the go. I’ll whip up a batch, fill my jar, do the microwaving at work, and I can have fluffy pancakes right at my desk. It sure beats a Pop-Tart!
You can make these any flavor you want, Stonewall Kitchen has an excellent selection of syrups to choose from. You can change out the berries and use chocolate chips with Raspberry Syrup or a little Apple Pie Filling with Cinnamon Apple Syrup. There are so many possibilities, you decide!