This recipe is a traditional drink recipe made with coffee, whiskey, sugar, brown sugar, and whipped cream. A spiked coffee for weekends and dessert.
Servings: 1 drink
In a medium bowl, combine the heavy cream and the powdered sugar and beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.3 Set aside.
Fill a large glass mug with hot water, let it sit for a few minutes and pour it out.4 Pour in the coffee and add the granulated and brown sugars, stir until sugars have dissolved. Add in the Irish Whiskey.
Spoon the softly whipped cream on top of the coffee. Feel free to dust with cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, or nutmeg.
- You need to use an Irish Whiskey, preferably Jameson or Bushmills.
- If you prefer sweeter Irish Coffees made with Irish Cream, simply swap the whiskey for my Homemade Irish Cream.
- Make sure to only whip your cream just until soft peaks form, you don't want stiff peaks, you want more of a froth on top of the coffee.
- We use the water to preheat the glass to keep the drink hotter longer.
- This recipe is generally served in Glass Mugs, usually taller mugs with a handle.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 127mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Calcium: 39mg