Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a gourmet homemade meal that takes just 30 minutes! Made with chicken, sundried tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, spices, cheese, and heavy cream, this is a perfect family-friendly recipe to whip up on any night of the week.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Hood Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan Cheese, for topping
Slice the chicken breasts in half to create 4 thin cutlets. Rub the chicken on both sides with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Spread the flour out on a medium plate and coat each of the chicken cutlets with flour.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached, transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the garlic and chicken broth to the pan and use a wooden spatula to scrape and deglaze the bottom of the pan, allow the broth to come to a simmer.
Add in the Hood Heavy Cream, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and asiago cheese. Stir frequently until the cheese has melted. Bring the creamy mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently.
Add in the vegetables and continue to stir until sauce begins to thicken and the spinach begins to wilt. Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve by itself with a salad or with pasta*, garnish with parsley and add Parmesan cheese and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- If serving with pasta, I recommend doubling the sauce recipe.
- I use fresh sun-dried tomatoes, not the jarred kind. You can use the jarred kind, but I recommend draining and patting with a paper towel before adding to the sauce.
- Recipe adapted from Salt & Lavender.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 727mg | Potassium: 851mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1815IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 2mg