Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies have a slightly crisp outer shell and are chewy and gooey on the inside almost like a brownie. Pull the first batch out of the oven in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 48 Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the pudding powder, eggs, additional egg yolk, and vanilla and Beat for one minute on medium speed.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized cookies onto the prepared baking sheet about two inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Baked cookies will last 2 to 3 weeks when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- Baked Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Squeeze any excess air out of the bag before freezing. Place on the counter for thawing.
- Dough may be chilled for up to 3 days before baking, but allow it to set at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to make it easier to scoop.
- If leftover cookies begin getting hard, place a piece of bread in the bag with them to soften them up.
- The unsweetened cocoa powder can be replaced by Dutch-process cocoa, but you’ll have to add ⅛ tsp of cream of tartar, white vinegar, or lemon juice for every 3 tablespoons of Dutch-process cocoa needed. (It has to do with a difference in acidity.)
- You can also use 1 ounce of unsweetened baking chocolate for every 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Melt the chocolate and add it in when you’re creaming the eggs, sugar, and butter. You’ll just have to omit a tablespoon of butter to compensate for the added fat content of the chocolate.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.5mg