One Pan Pizza Pasta
This One Pan Pizza Pasta is what weeknight dreams are made of! Pizza and pasta come together in an easy meal loaded with flavor that's ready in less than 30 minutes and made in one pot!!!
Servings: 8 people
Add most of the quartered pepperonis (reserve some of the top of the dish) along with the olive oil, garlic paste, salt, and pepper to a large skillet (that has a cover) and cook for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
Add in marinara sauce, pizza sauce, water, red pepper flakes, and oregano and stir to combine.
Then add in the macaroni and stir until combined, increase to medium heat and cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid. Keep a close eye on it towards the end of the cooking time because you don't want the pasta to burn and stick to the pan.
Once the pasta is tender, stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella. Then top the pasta with the remaining mozzarella and pepperoni.
Cover and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until cheese has melted, remove from heat and garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- Turkey pepperoni may also be used.
- Garlic paste can usually be found in the produce section with the herbs. You can also use 1 tablespoon of minced garlic or 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- You can use your favorite pasta sauce, but I prefer marinara for this recipe.
- Regular elbow macaroni may be used but may cook a little faster, check for doneness around 13 minutes.
- Recipe Variations:
- Bacon: Add 1/2 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon to the recipe when you fold in the mozzarella cheese.
- Beef: When I originally made this recipe it included ground beef, but I decided to omit it when I retested it. However, al you have to do is brown the meat in the pan you're going to use, drain the fat, then make the rest of the recipe just as instructed. The video shows this version.
- Veggies: Love mushrooms, onions, olives, and more on your pizza? I recommend roasting or sauteeing them first so they're tender, then fold them in with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cheese: Feel free to add other cheeses to the mix and even leave the pepperoni out if you'd prefer a cheese pizza version!
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 3mg