Downton Abbey Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
Crisp and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of Earl Grey, with just 5-ingredients and an easy lemon glaze, they're perfect for parties, tea time, or scarfing down all by yourself!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Blend the butter and earl grey tea leaves together and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, longer is fine. If you are running short on time, this step can be skipped and the tea can be added with the powdered sugar. Just note that the flavor may not be as strong.
Once the butter has finished setting. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Cream the butter and tea mixture and powdered sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer.
Add in the flour and salt. Continue to mix until a soft dough forms. The mix will be dry and crumbly at first but will come together.
Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it's 1/4-inch thick.
Cut out cookies using a 2-inch round cookie cutter.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown in color.
Once cooled, whisk together the glaze ingredients and dip or drizzle the cookies as desired and place on wax paper to set.
- Slightly Adapted from Dine & Dish.
- If using a large loose leaf tea, run the tea through a food processor or use a pestle and mortar to ground it so it's finer.
- 1 cookie is 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
- The longer these cookies sit, the more intense the flavor will get.
- The recipe has been updated to include a tablespoon measurement for the tea leaves since it was originally published.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg