Banoffee Pie is a classic English dessert made with a graham cracker or biscuit crust and loaded with slices of banana, a silky layer of toffee caramel, and a thick layer of freshly whipped cream.
Servings: 10 people
- 4 medium bananas
- 14 ounces Dulce de leche
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings optional topping
- cocoa powder optional topping
Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch thick slices and arrange them in two layers on the bottom of the pie crust.
Pour the Dulce de leche sauce on top of bananas and spread out evenly.
In a large chilled bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla, until stiff peaks form.
Top the pie with the whipped cream and Sprinkle chocolate shavings all over the top of the pie.
- You can use either homemade Dulce de leche or storebought for this recipe.
- Sometimes I like add Bits o' Brickle Heath Toffee Bits to the filling or as a topping for a bit of crunch and extra toffee flavor.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.6mg