Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe
The Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe made Parmesan cheese, garlic, butter, and cream AND a secret ingredient that makes this simple sauce super rich and creamy! It only takes 10 minutes to make!
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic1 optional
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Add butter to a large, high-lipped pan, and melt over medium heat. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream. Add garlic here, if desired, and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
Once the butter has melted, slowly add the egg mixture to the pan, whisking continuously. Continue to whisk for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, let Parmesan fully melt. The mixture should thicken and coat the back of a wooden spoon once done.
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Remove from heat and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- If you're a garlic lover, try adding a tablespoon of minced garlic or a teaspoon of garlic powder with the butter.
- For Chicken Alfredo, add some grilled or pan-seared chicken breast.
- Sautéed broccoli makes this dish nice a hearty!
- You could also add Italian seasonings for a flavor boost!
- And if you’re really feeling crazy, add a handful of bacon crumbles!
Calories: 837kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 83g | Saturated Fat: 49g | Cholesterol: 636mg | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 159mg | Vitamin A: 3195IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 408mg | Iron: 1.2mg