Slow Cooker Posole
This Slow Cooker Posole (or Pozole) is a traditional Mexican stew made with hominy and pork and a flavorful broth that's super easy to make!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 15.5-ounce cans hominy rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces salsa
- 14.5 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces diced green chile peppers undrained
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 dried ancho chili peppers
- 12 ounces pork loin cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro garnish
- tortilla chips serve with
The night before cooking, combine all ingredients except for the salt, pepper, cilantro, and tortillas in the removable insert of the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, let the insert set at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking or dump the bowl into the insert to begin cooking right away.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4.
Ladle into bowls for serving and garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with tortillas.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 6.5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.9mg