These Crockpot Meatballs are the ultimate slow-cooked dinner. Enjoy homemade Italian Meatballs in a rich tomato sauce with just a 15-minute prep!
Servings: 6 people
In a large bowl, mix together the meatball ingredients with your hands until fully combined.
Roll the mixture into 12 or 18 evenly sized balls and place them in the bottom of a crockpot. Just to be safe, spray the bottom of the crockpot with cooking spray before adding the meatballs.
Add in the sauce ingredients and give them a gentle stir. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.4
- You could also use 1/2 pound each of ground beef and ground lamb or 1/3 pound each of ground beef, lamb, and pork.
- You can use regular breadcrumbs, but I think they give the meatballs a gummier texture.
- You can also use 1 tablespoon of garlic paste or minced garlic instead of garlic cloves.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the meatballs.
- The nutritional information is an extimate for the listed ingredients without substitutions for 12 meatballs and 6 servings (2 meatballs each).
- Shelf Life:
- In Crockpot: On "warm" setting for up to 4 hours after cooking.
- Refrigerator: 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container.
- Freezer: 3 months
- How To Freeze: Cook the meatballs according to the recipe instructions then simply allow the meatballs and sauce to cool completely. You can even put them in the fridge overnight and freeze the next day.
Then transfer the meatballs and sauce to gallon freezer bags. I recommend dividing the full recipe between at least two bags or whatever works for you portion-wise. Squeeze out any excess air.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1435mg | Potassium: 1191mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1102IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 6mg