Cocoa Pebbles Treats
These easy-to-make Cocoa Pebbles Treats put a chocolatey twist on everyone’s favorite marshmallow squares! You can make a similar version with Cocoa Krispies, too!
Servings: 24 people
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 9 cups Cocoa Pebbles Cereal*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, spray the aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot, once the butter has melted, add in 8 cups of the marshmallows and stir continuously with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the marshmallows have melted.
Remove from heat and add in the cereal, vanilla, and the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spray your hands with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture into the pan, don't press down too hard or you'll end up with hard treats.
Allow the treats to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 24 pieces.
- Cocoa Pebbles may be substituted for other pebbles or rice krispies flavored cereals.
- For Dairy Free: These tasty treats are not dairy-free since they’re made with butter, but you can make an easy substitution. Replace the butter with 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (and again, read the labels of the other ingredients), and you’ll have a dairy-free version of this recipe.
- Gluten Free: You can make this recipe celiac-friendly by using gluten-free ingredients. The Pebbles cereals are labeled as gluten-free, however, Cocoa Krispies are not, as they contain malt (which is from barley). Chances are, you can also find allergy-friendly versions of these cereals, too. Don’t forget, you’ll also want to make sure to use marshmallows that are made in a gluten-free facility. To be safe, just be sure to read all labels.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.8mg