Peanut Butter Frosting
This Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting is a tangy and sweet buttercream recipe made with peanut butter, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla that takes just 5 minutes to make!
Servings: 10 cups
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese1 softened
- 1 cup peanut butter2
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl1 or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter together, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, alternating with tablespoons of heavy cream.2
Add in the vanilla and whip on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Do not use light cream cheese.
- Do not use natural or chunky peanut butter, this will alter the texture and stability of the frosting. I prefer Jif Creamy.
- Frosting can be made with a hand mixer but will not be as whipped. If using a hand mixer, I would recommend using whipped cream cheese instead of a regular block.
- Add additional cream or confectioners sugar as needed to reach desired consistency.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 684IU | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg