Cheddar Drop Biscuits
These Cheddar Drop Biscuits are loaded with Cheddar and Colby Jack Cheese and garlic flavor. They're a savory, buttery, and cheesy biscuit recipe everyone will love!
Servings: 12 biscuits
- 5 tablespoons salted butter3 melted
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh chives minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder.
Add the cubed butter to the flour mixture and mix it in by hand or with a pastry cutter until the mixture looks a little crumbly.4
Beat the milk and egg together in a large measuring cup or bowl. Add to the flour mixture along with the cheese and quickly mix together just until combined with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.5
Using the spoon or a large cookie scoop, drop the biscuit dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet at least 2-inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes.
While the biscuits are baking. Whisk together melted butter, parsley, chives, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
After 10 minutes, remove the biscuits from the oven and brush them with the herb butter (reserve remaining butter). Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are beginning to turn a golden brown.
Once they are done baking, brush them with the remaining herb butter and serve immediately.
- You can use another cheese instead of Colby Jack. Popular options would be ALL Cheddar, or adding in Parmesan for extra saltiness, or Pepper Jack for a kick!
- Salted butter can be used in this recipe, but I recommend omitting the kosher salt if you do.
- If you don't have salted butter for the herb butter mixture, unsalted is okay, but make sure to add a pinch of salt.
- I have found that using my hands to pinch the butter into the flour works the best in this recipe.
- If you find that there isn't quite enough liquid, DO NOT overmix it. Simply add 1 additional tablespoon of milk to blend you dry ingredients in fully.
- Reheat biscuits on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Biscuits are best consumed within 1 day of preparing. Store extras in an air-tight container or bag.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 1mg