Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Do you love Chocolate Chip Cookies? Then you’re going to LOVE these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! They’re thick, sweet, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips and M&M’s!
Servings: 15 cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch cake pan with parchment paper.6,7 Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth and pale.
Add the eggs one at a time mixing just until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M's - reserve some for the top of the bars.
Spread the cookie dough out evenly in the cake pan and top with the reserved chocolate chips and M&M's.8
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes minutes. The edges should be a nice golden brown and the center is soft but raised. Allow the bars to cool for at least 20 minutes in the pan before removing and slicing them into squares.9
- If you are trying to cut back on sugar, you can safely reduce the light brown sugar by 1/3 cup. But if you can, use the full amount.
- You can also use just 1 cup of chocolate chips and they will still be delicious, just less chocolaty.
- Use a mix of milk and dark chocolate chips for an added depth of flavor!
- You could also omit the M&M's if you prefer more traditional bars.
- Swap the M&M's colors out to match the occasion.
- For best results, make in a baking pan with no curvature to the edges on the bottom (popular among pyrex dishes).
- Line your 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper for easy removal and to prevent sticking - even if you're using a non-stick pan!
- Top with flaky sea salt before baking for another level of flavor.
- For easy cutting, I highly recommend using a pizza cutter! Cutting them this way will take just a few seconds and you'll end up with perfectly clean lines.
- Shelf Life: They can be stored in a container at room temperature for about 3 days.
- How To Freeze: These bar cookies can also be frozen for up to 6 months; simply wrap them in plastic wrap or tinfoil. For an added layer of freezer protection, place the wrapped bars in a zip freezer bag and seal.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg