Lucky Charms Treats
These Lucky Charms Treats are a fun and easy 3 ingredient dessert that requires ZERO baking! Dip them in white chocolate and top them with sprinkles for an extra fun treat!
Servings: 24 people
- 8 tablespoons salted butter1
- 10 cups mini marshmallows2 divided
- 8 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers optional
- nonstick spray3
Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add in 8 cups of the mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Fold in the Lucky Charms cereal and remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows until coated, then fold in the sprinkles.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spray a rubber spatula and/or your hand with cooking spray and gently press the mixture evenly into the pan.4 Top with additional Lucky Charms marshmallows and sprinkles if desired.
Allow the treats to fully cool to room temperature before removing from the pan and slicing.5 Once sliced, you can dip or drizzle the treats with melted white chocolate.6
- Salted Butter: Normally with sweet treats, you use unsalted butter. But when it comes to no-bake treats like this, I prefer to use salted because half the deliciousness is from the salty buttery taste. However, you can use unsalted and add salt as needed.
- Reserve Extra Marshmallows: I don’t like to melt all of my marshmallows into the mixture, I always reserve 2 cups to go in with the cereal because this leaves little pockets of marshmallow goodness throughout the treats. You can add in a couple more cups if you really want to load these babies up with marshmallows! Also, I highly recommend saving some of the Lucky Charms marshmallows too to put on the top.
- Cooking Spray: This is an essential item with this recipe, spraying your hands with it helps prevent your fingers from sticking to the treat mixture and makes it easier to handle when pressing it into the pan. You'll also want to spray the lining of the pan so the treats don't adhere to it.
- Don’t Press Too Hard: You want your treats to be firm, but still chewy. Pressing too hard on the mixture when you put it in the pan will cause treats to become tough.
- Slice Just Before Serving: To ensure that your treats to get dried out or crispy around the edges, slice them just before serving or dipping them.
- Make It Fun: If you have little ones who love to help in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe for them to make! Let them assist in measuring the ingredients, pressing the mixture into the pan, or adding the sprinkles!
- Nutritional information is an estimate and does not include the white chocolate. Serving size is per bar when cut into 24 equally sized bars.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg