Amaretto Sour is a classic cocktail recipe made with amaretto, bourbon, bitters, and homemade sour mix, plus an orange slice and maraschino cherry for garnish.
Servings: 1 drink
- 1½ ounces Amaretto
- ½ ounce Bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce Sour Mix
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- orange slice for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Add amaretto, bourbon, sour mix, and bitters to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
Strain into a short glass filled ⅔ with ice.
Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.
Substitutions & Variations:
- Add an egg white: If you’d like a foamy top, you can add an egg white to the mix. To do this you’ll want to do what is called a dry shake this is when you shake the cocktail ingredients in the shaker without ice for 15 seconds and then add ice and shake for an additional 15 seconds.
- Make it with lemon lime soda: For a simpler, less boozy concoction, you can make a 3-ingredient Amaretto Sour with equal parts amaretto and sour mix, plus lemon-lime soda.
- Use rye whiskey: You can sub this for bourbon, but I wouldn’t recommend using Irish whiskey.
- No Sour Mix: If you don't have time to make your own sour mix - please don't use the store bought stuff! Instead you can substitute with 1/2 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce lime juice, and 1/2 ounce simple syrup.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Iron: 2mg