Oreo Chocolate Truffles
Oreo Truffles are made with Oreo crumbs, chocolate chips, milk, cream, and cocoa powder dipped in chocolate will win the hearts of chocolate lovers everywhere!
Servings: 36 truffles
In a medium saucepan, bring the heavy cream and milk to a light simmer over medium-high heat.
Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips, do not stir and let them set for 5 minutes, then whisk together until combined.
Whisk in the cocoa powder, Oreo crumbs, and salt until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into a heat safe bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
Use a small or medium cookie scoop to scoop out the truffle mixture and roll them between your palms to form a round ball.
Place the balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place them in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Melt the melting wafers in a deep cup or bowl and use a dipping tool or fork to dip the truffles in the chocolate then place them on a clean sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet and allow to cool until set.
Store balls in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- These truffles are soft which is why they need to be chilled for so long to set up.
- This recipe was also tested with bittersweet chocolate chips, I preferred the semi-sweet, but both were very good.
- I would run the Oreos through the food processor for best results.
- Regular Oreos were used in this recipe, I do not recommend using double stuf because it could throw off the ratio.
- You can easily make these peppermint truffles by adding ¼ to ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2mg