Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
This Herb Roasted Turkey Breast recipe is your shortcut to a flavorful Thanksgiving turkey! The meat is coated with an herb-infused butter that takes only 5 minutes to prep.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 bone-in turkey breast
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Pat the turkey breast dry with a paper towel, set aside. Add the sliced onion for the gravy to the bottom of a 12-inch baking dish or cast-iron skillet, set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Place the turkey breast, meat side up, on top of the onions. Carefully separate the skin from the turkey breast by running your hands under the skin. Place half of the butter mixture until the skin, spread it all over the meat. Coat the outside of the skin with the remaining butter.
Roast until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. This will take about 15 minutes per pound. Let rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing to serve with the onion gravy.
- Patting the turkey down with paper towels is highly recommended. This not only helps the butter mixture to stick to the outside of the skin, but it will start to roast properly instead of steaming the skin.
- You can also use a spoon under the skin to help carefully separate it instead of using your hands.
- If you do not wish to make the onion gravy, you can omit the onions and either place the turkey breast directly into a baking dish, or lay it onto a roasting rack. Proceed with the recipe as listed.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 733IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg