Cranberry Banana Bread
Cranberry Banana Bread is a delicious twist on the traditional quick bread that's incredibly moist and tender and loaded with tart cranberries. Add walnuts or chocolate chips for even more flavor!
Servings: 1 loaf
Preheat the oven to 325°F for a glass pan or 350°F for a nonstick pan. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined. Add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined, then mix in the buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until combined.
Fold in the chopped cranberries and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire rack and remove from pan. Slice and serve warm or room temperature with or without butter. The taste and texture is best after sitting overnight. Letting it cool before slicing will lead to cleaner slices.
- Always use very ripe bananas for the best flavor, the skin should be almost black and the peel should pretty much fall off.
- Don't use frozen bananas for this recipe, when you freeze bananas they take on extra moisture which they retain even after being thawed and can mess with the outcome of the recipe.
- I prefer to use a mixing bowl and whip this recipe up by hand, but you can use a stand mixer or hand mixer if you prefer.
- For best texture and flavor, let this banana bread sit for a day after baking in an airtight container, then enjoy.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack. It needs a few minutes to finish cooking in the pan but any more than 15 minutes and the bottom can start to get soggy.
Calories: 3075kcal | Carbohydrates: 486g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 119g | Saturated Fat: 92g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 1783mg | Potassium: 1721mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 249g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 14mg