Bacon Wrapped Dates
Bacon Wrapped Dates are stuffed with feta cheese and pecan pieces hugged in slices of bacon and then coated with maple syrup! This irresistibly sweet yet salty appetizer is a must-have for any occasion!
Servings: 24 dates
- 24 Medjool dates
- 12 slices bacon halved
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt optional, see notes
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- Parsley minced for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Use a sharp knife to cut a slit halfway through the dates lengthwise; set aside.
Mix together the feta, pecan pieces, pepper, and salt (if using) and stuff each of the dates with a little more than 1 teaspoon of the mixture.
Wrap a piece of the halved bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all of the dates.
Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and brush with maple syrup, then flip the dates and brush the other side. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
Sprinkle with chili flakes and parsley before serving.
- While the feta and bacon are both salty, the sweetness of the maple syrup and dates is stronger. If you prefer a more salty than sweet you can add salt to the filling or sprinkle these with flaked salt after removing them from the oven.
- Either serve with the toothpick in or remove it. To remove, make sure you pull it from the non-end side so it doesn’t start unwrapping the bacon when you remove it.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Goat cheese can be used instead of feta.
- Use regular bacon and not thick-cut for best results.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg