Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a thick, creamy, cheesy dish served with tender pieces of seared chicken!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta use dried pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Red pepper flakes optional
Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on all sides.
Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Next, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
Set the timer for 5 minutes. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful -- the valve will steam and may splatter.
Return the Instant Pot to the Saute-Normal function. Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To save time, substitute the chicken breast for rotisserie chicken and skip steps one and two.
- I always recommend using low sodium chicken stock if you have it available. If you don’t have chicken stock, water would also work.
- I highly recommend using heavy cream in this recipe. Milk will thin the alfredo sauce too much.
- Make sure to use a thick pasta in this recipe (such as fettuccine or tagliatelle)-- thin pastas (such as angel hair) will become overcooked.
- Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano is a delicious splurge if you have it available! I recommend buying a block and grating it as needed for the most flavor.
Calories: 738kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 1363mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1144IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 369mg | Iron: 2mg