Air Fryer Donuts with Biscuits
These Air Fryer Donuts are super easy donuts that are ready in just 20 minutes using canned biscuits and then dipped in cinnamon-sugar or topped with a classic sweet glaze!
Servings: 8 donuts
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes and spray the basket with olive oil or coconut oil or use a silicone brush to brush vegetable oil on the bottom. Do not use regular nonstick spray.
Open the can of biscuits and use a 1 to 1½-inch round biscuit cutter to cut the center out of the biscuits.
Place 4 of the biscuits in the air fryer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes depending on how dark/firm you want them. Use tongs to remove the donuts and cook the remaining donuts.
Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Place the donuts on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet (this will catch any dripping butter or excess sugar) and use a pastry brush to brush the melted butter all over the donuts.
Then dip the donuts in the cinnamon-sugar mixture making sure you completely coat them.
- I use a Cosori air fryer which cooked 4 donuts at a time, other brands or sizes maybe cook more or less.
- For Glazed Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together and dip donuts in and place on a wire rack to drip and set.
- Cook the donuts holes for just 3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Honey biscuits can be used.
- Don't have an air fryer? These biscuit donuts would fry up to a beautiful golden brown when cooked in hot oil! Dusting them with powdered sugar afterward would make for another great variation option!
- Place any leftover donuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to enjoy them warm, simply pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 51mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg