Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is overflowing with shredded chicken, tender egg noodles, carrots, and celery for a cozy, hearty meal! Prep this recipe in just 10 minutes!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces egg noodles about 2 cups
Add the chicken, broth, water, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, fresh parsley, butter, chicken bouillon powder, thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to mix.
Set the instant pot to pressure cook for 12 minutes.
When cooking time is over you may use the quick release or natural release.
Remove the chicken from the pot. Place it on a clean cutting board and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
While the chicken is resting, add the egg noodles to the instant pot and hit the saute function.
While the noodles are boiling, shred the chicken.
Boil until the noodles are just turning soft. It should take no more than 5 minutes.
Add the shredded chicken back to the pot.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- How To Store: Store any leftover Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy for up to 3 days.
- How To Freeze Chicken Noodle Soup: This soup can also be frozen for up to 6 months. If you choose to freeze it I recommend storing it in small airtight containers that are easy to reheat. I also personally recommend omitting the noodle and cooking them fresh on the stovetop and adding to the thawed soup. Pasta doesn't always freeze well.
- Can I Use Frozen Chicken In This Instant Pot Recipe? You certainly can! Just increase the cooking time by 15 minutes and then check that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees F.
- Can I Use A Whole Chicken Instead Of Chicken Breasts? Absolutely! You can use a whole chicken or really whatever pieces of chicken you like! Just keep in mind to use a whole chicken you'll cook it for 6 minutes per pound.
- Could I Use Dried Parsely Instead Of Fresh Parsley? Yes, you can, just substitute the fresh out for 2 Tablespoons of dried parsley.
- What Can I Use Instead Of Chicken Broth? You could also use chicken stock or vegetable broth. If you'd like you could even whip up your own chicken broth by using water and chicken bouillon granules or cubes. To do so, use 1 teaspoon of granules or 1 cube per 1 cup of water.
- Can I Swap Out The Garlic Cloves For Garlic Powder? Yes, you can substitute the garlic cloves for 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 2550mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4198IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg