Christmas Cake is a moist, white cake that's studded with red and green sprinkles and finished off with a vanilla cream cheese frosting! This festive dessert is perfect for serving up at large family gatherings!
Servings: 20 people
- 1 (15oz.) box Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz.) box white chocolate instant pudding mix unprepared
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Princess flavor emulsion or 1 teaspoon vanilla or ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9x13-inch cake pan with butter and set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the cake mix, dry pudding mix, flour, and sugar.
Beat in the flavor emulsion, milk, sour cream, and egg whites just until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center.
Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before frosting.
Prepare the cream cheese frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition just until incorporated. Then increase the speed to high and beat for an additional 2 minutes until silky smooth.
Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled cake and top with sprinkles!
- How To Store: Cover any leftover cake tightly with plastic wrap or place it into an airtight container. Then store the cake in the refrigerator and enjoy it for up to 5 days.
- Where Can I Find The Princess Flavor Emulsion? This ingredient can be found at Walmart or even craft stores such as Michaels. However, if you strike out from there you can always grab it from amazon. You can also simply replace the 1/2 teaspoon Princess flavor emulsion with one teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- What Does The Princess Flavor Emulsion Do In This Recipe? The princess emulsion itself has a very unique flavor. However, when it’s added to this cake recipe it heightens the vanilla flavor wonderfully. It creates a distinct, overall sweet flavor in this cake that makes hunting down this ingredient totally worth it! But again, no worries if you’re unable to get your hands on some. You can just swap it out for vanilla or almond extract! The cake will still be super delicious!
- Do I Prepare The Instant Pudding Mix By The Directions On Its Box Before Adding It Into This Recipe? Nope! The white chocolate instant pudding mix is added to the recipe as is, unprepared.
- Can I Add Food coloring To The Frosting To Create A More Festive Christmas Sheet Cake? Of course! I’d suggest using gel food coloring for the best, vibrant color.
- Are There Other Pudding Mixes I Can Use In This Christmas Funfetti Cake Recipe? Yes, you could also use a vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix. Just make sure it’s a 3.5oz box!
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg