Blue Lagoon Cocktail
Blue Lagoon Cocktail is a sweet, bright blue drink that's made with 3 ingredients before being dressed up with garnishes and luster dust! A fun and simple drink that's great for sipping poolside!
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces blue curacao
- 8 ounces lemonade
- blue luster dust optional
- lemon for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish
Add ice to a hurricane or highball glass.
Pour vodka, blue curacao, and lemonade over the ice and stir.
2 ounces vodka, 2 ounces blue curacao, 8 ounces lemonade
Stir in the luster dust if using and garnish with a lemon slice and maraschino cherry.
blue luster dust, lemon, maraschino cherry
- Can I Make A Large Pitcher For Serving? Yes, this recipe doubles and triples perfectly fine! Just remember to keep it equal parts vodka and blue curaçao as you figure out how large of a batch you need!
- Is There A Non-Alcoholic Version Of This Drink? For a non-alcoholic version could do lemonade with blue Gatorade or blue curacao syrup. The taste will be different but you’ll still have a fun, blue drink to enjoy!
- What’s The History Of This Cocktail? This cocktail is said to have been invented by Andy Macelhone. He was the son of a bartender that worked at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris around the 1960s. So the drink has been around for a while! And for good reason, it’s absolutely delicious and refreshing!
- Where Can I Buy The Luster Dust For This Blue Lagoon Recipe? I grab mine off of Amazon. However, check your local craft stores like Jo-Ann Stores, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby since they often carry it as well.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 37g | Iron: 0.01mg