Pumpkin Dump Cake
Pumpkin Dump Cake is the perfect fall dessert alternative to pumpkin pie! With a dense pumpkin base and a cake topping both loaded with Pumpkin Pie Spice and chopped nuts, this dessert's amazing layers will impress the whole family!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 18 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Mix together the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices and pour it into the baking dish.
Evenly sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin puree mixture. I like to sprinkle mine with a little extra pumpkin pie spice after the cake mix has been added.
Melt the butter and pour over the cake mix or cut the butter into thin slices and evenly distribute to cover the top of the cake with them.
Finally, spread the nuts evenly over the top of the cake. Bake for 1 hour.
Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, and a dash of pumpkin spice.
Recipe Card Notes:
- Make sure you use Pumpkin Puree and NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling.
- Cake mix is dry when added.
- Chocolate: Use your favorite chocolate cake mix instead of yellow cake mix for a pumpkin and chocolate mashup!
- Spice Cake: Use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix for an even spicier version!
- Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free cake mix instead of regular cake mix. No additional changes need to be made to the recipe.
- More Crunch: Instead of melting the butter before adding it to the top of the cake. Try cutting cold butter into thin slices and arranging them over the top of the cake before making. This method tends to add a but more crunch to the top of the cake.
- Toffee: Sprinkle some Toffee Bits over the top of the cake before baking for a rich and salty twist.
Serving & Storing Tips:
- This cake is best served warm, but can be served at room temperature or cold.
- Cake should be consumed within 4 to 6 hours after baking or covered and refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.1mg