Baked Ziti Recipe
Baked Ziti is a deliciously comforting dish made with melty mozzarella, creamy ricotta, zesty marinara, and tender ziti noodles. It’s easy to make in about 35 minutes — just toss everything together, bake, and enjoy!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ziti pasta cooked
- 1 batch Marinara Sauce1
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese2 divided
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh parsley for garnish
Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain when finished, do not rinse. About 10 minutes.
While pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 350°F. Add marinara, salt, pepper, basil, ricotta, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Once pasta is finished cooking, add it to the mixing bowl and toss to coat with the sauce mixture, then add to a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Serve with grated cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 4 cups of storebought marinara sauce may be used instead of the homemade recipe.
- The dish can also be topped with sliced fresh mozzarella instead of shredded.
- You can add 1lb of ground beef and 1 small onion (diced), if you'd like. Cook them together in a pan until the beef is browned and cooked through. Drain and add in with the sauce and other ingredients. This will add to cook time.
- Shelf Life: Up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- To Freeze: Make the recipe according to recipe directions other than baking. And make sure the pan is completely cooled before putting in the freezer. Wrap it tightly in two layers of plastic wrap. To reheat, bake at 350 degrees F until hot. This will probably take about 30 to 40 minutes to heat through. If going straight from freezer to oven, make sure that you prep the dish in a disposable pan, since a glass or ceramic one could crack, if frozen. Baking time could take up to one hour if cooking from frozen.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 1mg