Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip
This Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip will be the winning dish at your next game day party! Cheesy goodness loaded up with caramelized onions, crunchy bacon, shredded chicken, and tangy barbecue sauce! Only 10 minutes of prep!
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped (see note)
- 1 small onion diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast I like to use rotisserie for quick prep.
- 1 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp barbecue seasoning
- scallions for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add bacon pieces and diced onion to a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent. Drain the grease and set aside.
Whip bacon and onions are cooking, add cream cheese, barbecue sauce, chicken breast, cheddar cheese, and barbecue seasoning to a large bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until folly combined. Mix in the bacon and onion until combined. Feel free to set a little bacon aside to scatter on the top for a mouthwatering presentation.
Add dip to a shallow dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven and top with extra bacon and chopped scallions.
- I've found that the easiest way to cook and crumble bacon is by using clean kitchen shears to cut it into bits before cooking.
Calories: 628kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 1393mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2.4mg