This Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip will be the winning dish at your next game day party! Cheesy goodness loaded up with caramelized onions, crunchy bacon, shredded chicken, and tangy barbecue sauce! Only 10 minutes of prep!
I don’t know how it happened, but here we are in the final weeks of summer. Area high schools start fall sports on Monday, and I’m pretty sure the NFL kicks their preseason off tonight, right? Or maybe it was the 7th, or it’s next week, I dunno, I don’t really follow it, I’m just in it for the food. And with tailgating and game day season here, that means lots and lots of really good, cheesy, bacon filled, finger lickin’ good recipes are on their way!
This Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip is no exception. It’s downright tasty and borderline addictive. How did I ever survive without this stuff in my life? It’s pretty much everything I love about game day food wrapped into one wicked good dip! Seriously, just look at all that yumminess!
What’s your favorite game day food and traditions? Thinking this Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip might just have to be a new one? I’d have to agree with that decision! You should also think about adding my Cheeseburger Dip and my Easy Pizza Sliders to your menu!
I know that all these cozy recipes mean fall, and even though I’m nowhere near ready to give up summer. that being said, I’ve been eyeing some super cute scarves on ModCloth and picked up two new pairs of booties last week, so I guess you could say I’m getting there. But until the leaves start to fall, I’m going to soak up every bit of summer that I can, and with several trips on the books for the coming months, I’m sure the rest of summer and fall will fly right by!
Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped (see note)
- 1 small onion diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast I like to use rotisserie for quick prep.
- 1 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp barbecue seasoning
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add bacon pieces and diced onion to a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Whip bacon and onions are cooking, add cream cheese, barbecue sauce, chicken breast, cheddar cheese, and barbecue seasoning to a large bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until folly combined. Mix in the bacon and onion until combined. Feel free to set a little bacon aside to scatter on the top for a mouthwatering presentation.
- Add dip to a shallow dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with extra bacon and chopped scallions.