This Fish Taco Sauce is the ultimate topping for fish tacos. It’s a creamy a delicious blend of sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha, garlic, and cumin.
Fish Taco Sauce will be an instant hit with your family! I’ve never been a huge fish lover, but I do enjoy a good grilled fish tacos recipe every now and then. When I was in Mexico last month we ordered some the were pretty much fresh out of the ocean and they were so good.
They had this amazing seasoning on the fish, but I think it was really the fish taco sauce that took them over the edge! Because nothing flavors up a taco like a good crema recipe on a bed of fresh fruits and veggies!
What Kind of Sauce Do You Put On Fish Tacos?
The key to a good fish tacos recipe is the sauce! This sauce is a sour cream and mayonnaise-based sauce with a blend of lime juice, garlic powder, sriracha, and cumin with a touch of salt. This sauce adds a yummy creaminess to balance the light and fresh ingredients traditionally in fish tacos!
How Do You Make It?
Making this sauce recipe is really easy to do!
- Begin by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Next, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours so the flavor can build.
- Finally, serve it fish tacos or anything else you heart desires!
I promise this Fish Taco Sauce will take your tacos to the next level. My family loves the flavors in this sauce, it a great mix of spicy sriracha, earthy cumin, and zesty lime with a bit of garlic and salt. You could add a couple of dashes of hot sauce for some kick too!
When you combine it with fresh ingredients like pan-seared or grilled white fish or Mahi Mahi, avocados, pico de gallo, and fruit. Wrap it all in a flour or corn tortilla and you’re in for a delicious dinner loaded with flavor!
It’s very important to let this fish taco sauce chill for at least 2 hours before first using so the flavor can build and if you have leftover, store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks!
Readers are loving this recipe and have also been using this recipe on burgers and as a vegetable dip! So I can’t wait to try this great recipe on those next! I bet it adds a nice zing to a grilled summertime burger! What will you use this sauce on?
More Great Sauce Recipes:
Fish Taco SaucePin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Fish Taco Sauce
- Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl and chill in the fridge for at least two hours before using.
- It’s very important to let this sauce chill for at least 2 hours before first using so the flavor can build and if you have leftover, store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks!
- Try adding some hot sauce for extra kick!
- Sour cream may be substituted for plain Greek yogurt.